CFMTA Canada Music Week® E-Festival | Adjudicator Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming an adjudicator for the CFMTA Canada Music Week E-Festival!
- A national celebration of Canadian diversity through the learning and sharing of music.
- Give CFMTA members the opportunity to gain adjudication experience
- A safe space for any and all music students of Registered Music Teachers
What is expected of an E-Festival Adjudicator?
- Complete the online Adjudicator form at http://www.cfmta.org/en/e-festival/adjudicators, listing all disciplines that you are interested in adjudicating.
- Adjudications will be done by accessing private YouTube videos, observing the video performance, and giving your feedback in either a written or video format (as per the preference of the adjudicator)
- If you receive a video that you feel uncomfortable adjudicating, please let the E-Festival administrator know as soon as possible so that it can be re-assigned.
- Feedback should be both thorough and encouraging. Pretend you are giving a mini lesson on the performance.
- Remuneration formula is based on $40/hour. The following chart is a guideline on the approximate amount of time per adjudication, per video length
|Video Length||Approx Adj Time||Adjudicator Pay|
|Up to 2 minutes||6 minutes||10/hour = $4 each|
|2 to 5 minutes||7 minutes||8/hour = $5 each|
|5 to 7 minutes||10 minutes||6/hour = $7 each|
|7 minutes or more||15 minutes||4/hour = $10 each|
Process & Timeline
- Watch the video entry (will be sent by e-mail on November 20th, 2020)
- Fill out the written feedback form template OR record a video giving your feedback/demonstrating. Publish it on YouTube as an unlisted video.
- Write the students name and sign the e-certificate template
- *Consider if this would be a good video to feature (see below for more info)
- Send your feedback, the e-certificate and any recommendations for feature videos to email@example.com before November 25th, 2020
*We want to know if you see:
- A video showing “Canadianisms”
- An element of diversity of the student and/or the music
- A particularly well-made video
- An extremely polished performance
- Anything that jumps out and grabs your attention that you think we should share
For more information contact Liz Craig, E-Festival Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to sign up - October 15th, 2020.