2019 CFMTA E-Festival | Adjudicator Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming an adjudicator for the 2019 CFMTA E-Festival! Your willingness to try this new online format is appreciated!
November 1 - 22, 2019
- Relaxed performance opportunity
- Early performance and preparation feedback to incorporate in to the continuing preparations for local festivals or exams in the Spring
- Some of participants may not be “performance perfect” but are hoping to use this as an additional teaching tool.
What is expected of an E-Festival Adjudicator?
- Complete the online Adjudicator form at http://www.cfmta.org/en/e-festival/adjudicators, listing all disciplines and levels that you are interested in adjudicating.
- Adjudications will be done by accessing private YouTube videos, observing the video performance and typing your comments on the provided form.
- The webpage URL to access the adjudication form will be sent to you with the links to the entries you will be adjudicating.
- A separate form will be completed for every entry you adjudicate.
- Written comments should be detailed but concise, citing what was done well, along with constructive suggestions for improvement. The goal is to be encouraging and helpful.
- A grading will be assigned to each performance – Bronze [80-84], Silver [85-88], Gold [89 and above]
- Completed adjudications to be returned by email to administrator within 7 days of receipt.
- Submission of Adjudicator Remuneration form to administrator by February 28, 2019
- Remuneration formula is based on $40/hour. The follow chart is a guideline on the approximate amount of time per adjudication, per level
|Level||RCM/CC Grade||Max Playing Time||Approx Adj Time||Adjudicator fee|
|Division 1||Primary||Prep – RCM Gr 2||3 min||6 minutes||10/hour = $4 each|
|Division 2||Elementary||RCM Gr 3-5||5 min||7 minutes||8/hour - $5 each|
|Division 3||Intermediate||RCM Gr 6-8||6 min||10 minutes||6/hour = $7 each|
|Division 4||Advanced||RCM Gr 9 and up||10 min||15 minutes||4/hour = $10|
- Submission of an E-Festival Evaluation form to help us make necessary adjustments for future E-Festivals
We will endeavor to have the videos reviewed by adjudicators from outside of the home province of the entrant.
For more information contact Terri-Lynn McNichol, E-Festival Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org