2020 CFMTA COVID-19 E-Festival | Adjudicator Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming an adjudicator for the 2020 CFMTA E-Festival! Your willingness to try this new online format is appreciated!
April 14 - April 19, 2020
- Relaxed performance opportunity
- Some of participants may not be “performance perfect” but are hoping to use this as an additional teaching tool.
- Adjudication from outside of your geographic area, to lessen the chance of knowledge of student and/or teacher.
What is expected of an E-Festival Adjudicator?
- Complete the online Adjudicator form at https://www.cfmta.org/en/e-festival/adjudicators, listing all disciplines and levels that you are interested in adjudicating.
- Adjudications will be done by accessing private YouTube videos, observing the video performance and typing your comments on the provided form.
- The YouTube URL to access the performance video will be sent to you with the forms you will use to complete the adjudication.
- A separate form will be completed for every entry you adjudicate.
- Written comments should be detailed but concise, citing what was done well, along with constructive suggestions for improvement. The goal is to be encouraging and helpful.
- A grading will be assigned to each performance – Bronze [80-84], Silver [85-88], Gold [89 and above].
- Completed adjudications to be returned by email to administrator within 5 days of receipt.
- Submission of Adjudicator Remuneration form to administrator by date given
- Remuneration formula is based on $40/hour. The following chart is a guideline on the approximate amount of time per adjudication, per level.
|Level||RCM / CC Grade||Max Playing Time||Approx Adj Time||Adjudicator fee|
|Division 1||Primary||Prep – RCM Gr 2||3 min||6 minutes||10/hour = $4 each|
|Division 2||Elementary||RCM Gr 3-5||5 min||7 minutes||8/hour - $5 each|
|Division 3||Intermediate||RCM Gr 6-8||6 min||10 minutes||6/hour = $7 each|
|Division 4||Advanced||RCM Gr 9 and up||10 min||15 minutes||4/hour = $10|
We will endeavor to have the videos reviewed by adjudicators from outside of the home province of the entrant.
For more information contact Terri-Lynn McNichol, E-Festival Administrator at email@example.com