CFMTA Canada Music Week® E-FESTIVAL | RULES & REGULATIONS
Be part of a national celebration of Canadian diversity through the learning and sharing of music.
The CFMTA E-Festival is open to all instrumentalists and vocalists, of any age, performing at all levels, who are studying with a teacher who is a member of CFMTA.
The CFMTA Canadian Music Week E-Festival will accept entries of performances by Canadian composers, covers of Canadian artists, own compositions, any music that is Canadian in origin. Students may submit more than one entry.
- November 10 - 21, 2021
- Any composition by a Canadian and/or Indigenous composer
- Any cover of a Canadian Artist
- A student or teacher composition
- An arrangement of a Canadian folk tune
- An improvisation
- Any music that is Canadian in origin
Entry Fee Structure
- The entry fee will be determined by the video length as follows:
|Video Length||Entry Fee|
|up to 2 minutes||$25|
|up to 5 minutes||$30|
|up to 7 minutes||$35|
|7 minutes or more||$40|
- Camera placement, steadiness (with a stand), lighting and source of sound all play a part in the quality of the video. Videos made with a phone are completely acceptable!
- Can be done in home or studio or other location with respect to the local COVID protocols
- Must include a clear picture of the student playing showing face or facial profile, hands (in the case of pianist and instrumentalist), and instrument
- One take recording
- Editing or splicing in any form is prohibited (Text and other graphics are allowed)
- Camera angle must remain consistent throughout the performance
- Upload recording to your own YouTube channel as “UNLISTED” video – anyone with the link can view the video.
- Each participant will receive:
- a detailed adjudication of their performance [English or French] in a written format
- a digital certificate of participation
- All participants will be considered for our feature video series on social media, not all students will be featured.
- Will be randomly selected from entries that have followed all entry guidelines
- Registered Music Teachers from across Canada
- Application to be an adjudicator at http://www.cfmta.org/en/e-festival/adjudicators
For registration form
Please be prepared with the following before starting to complete the online entry form:
- Competitor information, including email address.
- CFMTA Provincial/Local Music Teacher Association teacher information, including phone number, email address and affiliated association.
- Video Recordings must be uploaded to YouTube as “Unlisted” by the entrant with the link to the recording provided on the entry form where indicated.
- A PDF file of the selection of music performed is only required if the music is written down.
- Payment of entry fee by PayPal in Canadian Funds as per chart.
- Entry is not considered final until entry fee payment has been verified by the CFMTA treasurer and/or the CFMTA E-Festival Administrator.
- Visit https://www.cfmta.org/en/e-festival-online-submissions/ to complete online entry form.
Please contact Abigail Freeman, E-Festival Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the entry format or process for this festival.