CFMTA Canada Music Week® E-FESTIVAL | RULES & REGULATIONS
Be part of a national celebration of Canadian diversity through the learning and sharing of music.
The CFMTA E-Festival is open to all instrumentalists and vocalists, of any age, performing at all levels, who are studying with a teacher who is a member of one of our affiliated provincial Registered Music Teachers’ Associations
The CFMTA Canadian Music Week E-Festival will accept entries of performances by Canadian composers, covers of Canadian artists, own compositions, any music that is Canadian in origin. Students may submit more than one entry.
- Entries will close on November 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Thorough video or written adjudication returned to the student by November 27th, 2020
- Draw for the $100 Long & McQuade gift card will happen on November 28th, 2020 – the last day of Canada Music Week®
- Any composition by a Canadian composer
- Any cover of a Canadian Artist
- A student or teacher composition
- An arrangement of a Canadian folk tune
- An improvisation
- Any music that is Canadian in origin
Entry Fee Structure
- The entry fee will be determined by the video length as follows:
|Video Length||Entry Fee|
|2 minutes or less||$25|
|7 minutes or more||$40|
- Camera placement, steadiness (with a stand), lighting and source of sound all play a part in the quality of the video. Videos made with a phone are completely acceptable!
- Can be done in home or studio or other location with respect to the local COVID protocols
- Must include a clear picture of the student playing showing face or facial profile, hands (in the case of pianist and instrumentalist), and instrument
- One take recording
- Editing or splicing in any form is strictly prohibited
- Camera angle must remain consistent throughout the performance
- Upload recording to your own YouTube channel as “UNLISTED” video – anyone with the link can view the video.
- Each participant will receive:
- a detailed adjudication of their performance [English or French] either in a video or written format
- a digital certificate of participation
- All participants will be entered to win a $100 gift card from Long & McQuade
- All participants will be considered for our feature video series on social media, not all students will be featured.
Our adjudicators will be on the lookout for videos to feature on social media that show:
- Aspects of “Canadianism”
- An element of diversity of the student and/or the music
- A particularly well made video
- An extremely polished performance
- Anything that jumps out and grabs attention
- Registered Music Teachers from across Canada
- Experience not required
- Register to be an adjudicator at http://www.cfmta.org/en/e-festival/adjudicators
For registration form
Please be prepared with the following before starting to complete the online entry form:
- Competitor information, including email address.
- CFMTA Provincial/Local Music Teacher Association teacher information, including phone number, email address and affiliated association.
- Video Recordings must be uploaded to YouTube as “Unlisted” by the entrant with the link to the recording provided on the entry form where indicated.
- A PDF file of the selection of music performed is only required if the music is written down.
- Payment of entry fee by PayPal in Canadian Funds as per chart.
- Entry is not considered final until entry fee payment has been verified by the CFMTA treasurer and/or the CFMTA E-Festival Administrator.
- Visit https://www.cfmta.org/en/e-festival-online-submissions/ to complete online entry form.
Please contact Liz Craig, E-Festival Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the entry format or process for this festival.