The CFMTA recognizes there are Registered Music Teachers who transfer their membership from one province/territory to another. These teachers are unable to be recognized by their Provincial Associations once they reach milestone dates of recognition awarded to members who remain in one location.
The National Membership Recognition Certificate provides acknowledgement for those RMTs who are long-time Registered Music Teachers in good standing. The certificate will be granted upon application to those RMTs who have belonged to two or more provincial/territorial associations in the CFMTA. Certificates may be applied for commencing with a total of 20 years’ membership and may be reapplied for every ten years thereafter.
The following criteria and form should be compiled by the applicant and sent to the National CFMTA Secretary. Upon approval, the Province/Territory registrar will receive the certificate, signed by the current President of the CFMTA for presentation by the local branch or organization at their own discretion.
The National Membership Recognition Certificate shall be reviewed by the CFMTA Past President and be administered by the National Secretary.
- Provide proof of dates and membership in each Province/Territory by registrar
- Written proof that the applicant is and/or was in good standing in each Province/Territory
- Minimum 20 years total membership
- Personal information of the applicant including current provincial/territorial membership
- Letter of Membership from each province/territory stating the length of membership in their organization and including a statement of good standing of the applicant
- Fee: $20 payable to CFMTA by PayPal
The certificate will include the name of the applicant, total years of membership, the CFMTA logo and the signature of the National President. It is suggested that the certificate be presented during a local branch recognition ceremony to which the applicant currently belongs.