CFMTA POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- SECOND VICE PRESIDENT - To be elected in July 2022
- The Second Vice President shall be elected by the Executive Committee in even numbered years and will serve a one-year term.
- NOMINATIONS CHAIR – To be elected in July 2022
- The Nominations Chair is responsible for receiving nominations for all elected positions. The Nominations Chair may not let his/her name stand for any office.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING CHAIR – vacant
- The Strategic Planning Chair shall be the person who seeks out current practices and future directions of the CFMTA with a view of providing a guide to the Executive Committee for planning from year to year. The Strategic Planning Chair is a current member of, or has been a member of the Executive Committee.
Greetings Registered Music Teachers
Thank you for your interest in becoming involved with the CFMTA on the National level. Listed above are the positions for which we are currently accepting nominations. Any individual CFMTA member is welcome to join a committee. To Chair a committee, an RMT must meet the requirements listed in the CFMTA Policies and Procedures and be a member in good standing with their provincial or territorial association.
While we recommended that you begin your experience as a member of a committee and learn its importance in the organization, it is also possible to take on a chair position if the applicant meets the requirements necessary to fill the portfolio.
Second Vice President – An historical first, this position will be elected this coming summer at the 2022 AEM. Applications now being accepted until May 1st or from the floor in July 2022. A nominations form must be completed and sent to the nominations chair from the Provincial or Territorial executive to which the applicant is a member. See the P&P for more details.
Strategic Planning Chair - In the past several years the CFMTA has undergone various strategic planning projects – from committee work to the hiring of a strategic planning firm. This has been valuable work and has allowed CFMTA to examine the various programs, operations, finances and future goals. In July 2020 the committee went on hiatus due to lack of a chair and this happened again in 2021. See the P&P for more details.
Nominations Chair – This portfolio will be vacant in July 2022. Applications now being accepted until May 1st or from the floor in July 2022. A nominations form must be completed and sent to the nominations chair from the Provincial or Territorial executive to which the applicant is a member. See the P&P for more details.
OTHER POSITIONS AVAILABLE to be elected and/or re-elected in July, 2022.
- Archives Chair
- Awards and Competitions Chair
- Bylaws and Policy and Procedures Chair
- Canada Music Week Chair
- Conference Resource Consultant
- E-Festival Chair
- Essay Competition Chair
- Professional Development and Research Chair
- Program Funding & Grant Application Chair
- Public Relations and Marketing Chair
- Social Media Chair
- Translation Chair
- Young Artist Chair
If you are interested and fit the criteria listed in the Policies & Procedures for any of these positions, please reach out to the current officers and/or CFMTA Nominations Chair, Tiffany A. Wilson for more details. firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the CFMTA Policies & Procedures: https://www.cfmta.org/docs/p-p/CFMTA_FCAPM-2021-2022-Policies-and-Procedures-Manual.pdf
Link to the Nomination Form: https://www.cfmta.org/en/forms/