BE A PART OF OUR TEAM!
- The CFMTA is seeking a person for the Position of Secretary, commencing April 1st, 2023
- This position is to help facilitate the work, programs, events and operations of the Association in the capacity of Secretary, as stipulated in the Policies and Procedures Manual 2022-2023 on the CFMTA website
What to Expect
- The Secretary shall be a non-voting Officer of the CFMTA, to be selected and directed by the Executive Committee
- Hours are flexible, and will average about 40 hours a month, but will vary from month to month, depending on the timing of programs, events and activities of the Association. The job will be conducted remotely; required equipment is listed in the P&P.
- There will be a training and transition period from January to March 2023
- A paid monthly salary will start on April 1st, 2023, to be contracted at the rate of $14,000.00 per annum
Skills and Qualifications
- Successful candidates will have experience with taking minutes, office management, record keeping, and responding to general inquiries by phone and email
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills
- Have good internet technology and computer skills, keeping current on emerging technologies that support our necessary computer programs and communication platforms
- Be well versed with Robert’s Rules of Order for meetings
- Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation to Ann Germani, 1st Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review of applications will begin in November 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
CFMTA CHAIR POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Thank you for your interest in becoming involved with music education on the National level. Any individual CFMTA member is welcome to join a committee. To Chair a committee, Members must meet the requirements listed in the CFMTA Policies and Procedures and be a member in good standing with their provincial or territorial association.
While we recommend that you begin your experience as a member of a committee and learn its importance in the organization, it is also possible to take on a chair position if the applicant meets the requirements necessary to fill the portfolio.
- NOMINATIONS CHAIR Vacant as of July 2022
- The Nominations Chair is responsible for receiving nominations for all elected positions. The Nominations Chair may not let his/her name stand for any office.
If you are interested and fit the criteria listed in the Policies & Procedures for any of these positions a nominations form must be completed and sent to the President (email@example.com ) from the Provincial or Territorial executive of which the applicant is a member.
Link to the CFMTA Policies & Procedures: https://www.cfmta.org/docs/p-p/CFMTA_FCAPM-2021-2022-Policies-and-Procedures-Manual.pdf
Link to the Nomination Form: https://www.cfmta.org/en/forms/