- 2024 Online Application
- Please direct submissions and questions to: Awards & Competitions Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
The Memorial Pedagogy Award was initiated upon the passing of Robert Pounder, the first honorary President of CFMTA from 1975 to 1996. It is awarded annually by the CFMTA to the applicant receiving the highest mark in an Associate Diploma Level Pedagogy Exam from a national based teaching institution which offers exams in every province/territory. The award is a $500 scholarship and a registration to the next CFMTA Connecting Canada PD Virtual Event.
Who Can Apply
- Applicants must be studying pedagogy with an individual member of CFMTA.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum mark required of 85% on a completed Associate Diploma Written Exam.
- The pedagogy exam can be for any discipline, through any national based teaching institution which offers Associate Pedagogy exams in every province/territory.
- Exam dates from January to December of the previous year will be considered.
- Applicants can only win this award once.
How to Apply
Submit your application online by May 1 of each year, with the following information:
- A digital transcript, screenshot, or scan of the applicant's final mark on the completed Associate Diploma Written Pedagogy Exam.
- A confirmation letter from the applicant's CFMTA teacher.
- A summary from the applicant outlining their music training, interim teaching, and future teaching plans, which will be considered in the case of a tie.
Deadline May 1
- For past winners - check out our Archive site