FOR PERFORMANCE DURING CANADA MUSIC WEEK® 2024
Grades 3 - 4 / Grades 5 - 6
- Instrumental with accompaniment
- Vocal with accompaniment
Deadline Date: March 1, 2024
Entry fee: None
Theme: We encourage you to be inspired by the amazing animals of Canada as the theme of your piece.
The competition is open to any Canadian resident.
- Submissions must be new, unpublished pieces, not previously recorded in any form.
- One submission per composer per category.
- Applications will only be accepted online.
- Submission must be a written score (digital or handwritten).
- Only PDF will be accepted.
- Please include title on score but no name - Please note - any submissions with name will not be considered
The composition will be chosen by a selection committee from across Canada. The chosen composition will be published on the CFMTA/FCAPM website until November 30, 2024. For the chosen compositions, a final copy with composers name will be requested.
PLEASE NOTE - This is not a competition for students studying at the 3/4 or 5/6 level. This is a competition for pieces (or compositions) composed at the 3/4 and 5/6 level. Not to be confused with Student Composer Competition – contact your local provincial rep for more details on this competition.