Does your branch have an innovative Canada Music Week® event?
CFMTA/FCAPM is presenting two awards of $250 each to the two entries judged as the most worthy by a panel of judges from across Canada. All branches in Canada are eligible to submit an application.
These awards are made possible by the generous annual donation of William Andrews of Toronto, ON.
William Andrews is an excellent musician and is supportive of young musicians. In addition to his financial support for CFMTA/FCAPM, he is our travel agent for delegate travel and special events.
- Send a brief written proposal of the Canada Music Week® project or event that your branch is planning for this year. Describe your goals, plan of action and proposed timeline. Include a balanced budget and plans for promoting the event. (maximum two pages)
- The focus should be on Canadian music and composers. Projects incorporating innovative use of technology, social media and outreach to new and diverse audiences are encouraged. Expenses for scholarships, hospitality and operating expenses for Contemporary Showcase Festivals are ineligible.
- Proceeds from the event may not be donated to another charitable organization.
- Include the name of the branch and the contact information (address, phone and email) for the chairman of the project.
- Past grant recipients are eligible to apply again for a different project, once every three years.
- The branches who receive the awards will be asked to submit a report that will be featured in the Canada Music Week® (Fall) edition of the Canadian Music Teacher magazine.
Deadline October 15, 2020
For more information or to submit proposals, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For past recipients - check out our Archive site